- 16 oz (450g) Brussels sprouts, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (or melted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, or to taste
1. To prepare the roasted Brussels sprouts: Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Trim the bottom of the Brussels sprouts, and slice each Brussels sprout in half, top to bottom. Prepare a large baking sheet (you can line it with parchment paper if you like).
2. Pat the Brussels sprouts dry with paper towels and place them in a large bowl. Add olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Toss gently to coat the Brussels sprouts evenly.
3. Place the Brussels sprouts on the prepared baking sheet, spreading evenly into one layer. Bake the parmesan Brussels sprouts on the center rack for 25 to 30 minutes – Adjust the time depending on your oven, the vegetables should be golden brown.
4. Transfer the parmesan roasted Brussels sprouts to a large serving bowl and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if you like.