- 1 large and thick rib-eye steak (3lb. – 1500g, a tomahawk rib-eye steak was used for this recipe)
- 2 onions, halved horizontally
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed, with peel on
- 2 teaspoons fresh cracked black pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 crumbled beef bouillon cube, optional
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup melted butter (or olive oil)
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce of your choice (used Sriracha)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian flat parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curly parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
1. To make the Garlic Herb Butter Steak in Oven: Take the steak out of the refrigerator at least 1 – 2 hours before cooking to bring it to room temperature. Pat dry all over with paper towels.
2. Preheat your oven to broil mode to 500ºF (260ºC). Season the steak generously on both sides with salt, pepper, and crumbled bouillon cube (optional).
3. Put the smashed garlic and onion slices in the baking pan and arrange the steak on top. The onions will serve as a roasting rack. Broil the steak for 5 – 7 minutes on the top rack, depending on thickness, then return on the other side and broil for 5 minutes more.
4. Lower the oven temperature to 400ºF (200ºC) and finish broiling the steak for 10 – 12 minutes. Use an instant-read thermometer to measure the steak’s internal temperature―125ºF (51ºC) for medium-rare, 135ºF (57ºC) for medium.
5. Remove steak from the oven, tent with foil, and allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime, mix together soy sauce, melted butter (or olive oil), hot sauce, garlic, parsley, one teaspoon of pepper, and red chili pepper flakes.
6. Slice the meat using a sharp knife beginning by removing the bone, then drizzle the herbs sauce on top before serving. Serve the Garlic Herb Butter Steak immediately.