- 2 lb. (900g) split chicken wings
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken stock (optional)
1. To make the baked chicken wings: In a small bow or shallow plate, combine garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, Cayenne, pepper, salt, and instant chicken stock.
2. Arrange the chicken wings in a large salad bowl and drizzle with oil and sprinkle with the spice mix. Mix thoroughly so the chicken is coated. Allow to rest for 30 minutes minimum – overnight in the refrigerator is best. In the meantime, preheat your oven to 450ºF (230ºC) and set the rack to the middle position.
3. When ready to bake the chicken wings, spread the wings on a rimmed baking sheet (you can line it with foil or parchment paper).
4. Place the baking sheet with the wings in the oven and reduce the temperature to 340ºF (170ºC) for 50 minutes to 1h. You can flip the wings at mid-cooking time if you like.
5. Carefully remove the baking sheet from the oven and place it on a cooling rack. Let rest for 5 minutes. This will help the baked chicken wings retain more of their crispiness. Garnish with lemon slices and cilantro if you like.