- 3 lbs (1 1/2 kg) Chicken breast
- 2 to 3 medium-sized zucchini, diced
- 8 Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Oregano
- 1 tablespoon smoked Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Cumin Powder
- 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lemon juice, more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Flakes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Olive Oil
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper
1. To make this Asado chicken breast recipe: In a bowl, combine paprika, cumin, chicken stock, lemon juice, onion powder, oregano, garlic, chili flakes, and olive oil. Taste and adjust salt and lemon before adding chicken breast.
2. Add in chicken breasts and coat all sides. Cover and marinate chicken breasts for at least 30 minutes in the refrigerator. When ready to cook, remove chicken breasts from marinade and reserve the marinade for later.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and cook chicken breast on both sides, until internal temperature reads 165ºF (74ºC) on an instant-read thermometer, approx. 15 minutes. Remove chicken breast to a plate and keep warm.
4. Add the diced zucchini to the same pan and season with salt, pepper and red chili pepper flakes (if using), add a bit of oil if necessary. Saute zucchini for 2-3 minutes over medium-low, then add the remaining chicken marinade. Cook zucchini with the marinade sauce for 3-4 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the sauce has reduced a bit and zucchini are tender.
5. Divide sauteed zucchini and the sauce into plates or bowls and top with sliced chicken breasts. Serve the chicken and sauteed zucchini garnished with lemon slices, and fresh chopped parsley.