- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (or ghee)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 pound (500 g) mushrooms, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. To make the sauteed cauliflower and mushrooms skillet: Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the onion until softened (about 3 minutes).
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes on all sides. Make sure the mushrooms render as much moisture as possible. Brown them a little more if necessary, to avoid the side dish becoming soggy at the end. Keep an eye on it so they don’t burn either 😉
3. Once mushrooms are well browned, add cauliflower florets. Cook until golden and crispy on the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Veggies must be well browned.
4. Pour in the vegetable stock and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce the sauce slightly.
5. Add thyme, 1 tablespoon of parsley, and garlic. Cook the mushrooms and cauliflower for half a minute, until fragrant. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste, sprinkle with remaining parsley, and serve the garlic butter mushrooms and cauliflower skillet immediately.