- 1 pound (450g) chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken stock, optional (lower the salt amount if using)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Fresh chopped parsley, for garnish
1. To make the oven-baked chicken bites: Preheat your oven to 420°F (220ºC) conventional. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a small bowl, combine all seasonings (salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chicken stock, and Italian seasoning). Arrange chicken in a baking dish and sprinkle with the seasoning mix. Drizzle a tablespoon olive oil and toss chicken cubes with the seasoning to coat on all sides. Speck seasoned chicken with butter cubes.
3. Bake seasoned chicken in the preheated oven for 16-18 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C) using a meat thermometer. After 8-10 minutes, stir the chicken bites with a spoon for even baking. Once done, the chicken bites should be golden with crisp edges. For crispier chicken bites, switch to broil on high for the last 2 minutes of cooking until golden.
4. Remove the baking dish from the oven, sprinkle chicken with fresh chopped parsley, and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Serve the oven-baked chicken bites over cauliflower rice with a good drizzle of the pan juices and a slice of lemon.
SERVE WITH SUGGESTIONS
The oven-baked chicken bites go very well over cauliflower rice. It is also excellent with broccoli, zucchini noodles, with a side of roasted veggies, or on top of a salad.